Monday, February 1, 2010

//A late Sunday evening...

...at a friend's place; we watched "I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell."

Upon putting in the film he said, "Man, Tucker Max makes Kenny "fucking" Powers seem like Michael Scott..."--couldn't be more true. I heard all about the "real" Tucker Max--his blog, the book,...the McGriddle--it was all interesting. It amazes me that he garnered enough spotlight to get a movie deal, seeing that he's a confident asshole with no ethical mindset.

But before the main credits even hit the screen, I'm rolling on the floor (not really) at how funny it already is. People love stories. We've been passing them down from generation to generation. That's what I had in mind, while riding this film out. It's not your typical raunchy comedy, it's more of an auto-biography where the events are somewhat compressed to tell a story. I imagined Tucker sitting in the room like a normal every-day friend, telling me a fucked up life experience. I laughed 'til I cried.

If this film has caught your eye the past week, and you haven't gotten around to finally grabbing it at your local Blockbuster... what are you waiting for? If you enjoyed the overrated (IMO) "The Hangover," then you'll most likely get a dozen chuckles from Tucker and his friends.

No comments: